Designed in 1863 by Frederick T Pilkington in his typically eclectic interpretation of the Gothic style. Short columns support massive leafy capitals and tall pointed arches with rugged stones. The interior is crowned by an open timber roof with a complex structure. Variety of leaded and stained glass windows. Organ by C & F Hamilton 1901. Fully restored 1991. Short history available.
Sundays: 11.15am and 7.00pm
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.