Opened in 1875, the inspiration for Peddie & Kinnear’s design came from the 17th-century St Sulpice in Paris. A notable feature is the central ceiling motif of a dove within a sunburst. Wells Kennedy organ 1991 incorporates the oak case of the earlier 1902 organ. Meeting place for the Presbytery of Edinburgh and the Synod of the Scottish Episcopal Church.
Sundays: 11.00am and 6.30pm (except July and August)
Open by arrangement
Contact Palmerston Place Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.