The church was built by Robert and Charlotte Hope-Scott of Abbotsford. It is a Gothic Revival building of 1856-58 designed by William Wardell, a pupil of Pugin, and extended 1866-72 by Goldie & Childe. Many interesting features including the late 19th century decorative scheme, high altar by Earp of London, stone pulpit and font and side altars to Irish and Jesuit saints. The church has had links with the Polish Community since 1942 when gifted the Madonna & Child window in the Sanctuary.
Sunday 11.00, weekday masses as announced
Open most days 9.00 am to 3.00 pm
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.