For generations the focus of its glen. A pink granite Scottish Romanesque church with tower, uniquely and exquisitely decorated. Built 1896-7 in farmland setting encircled by hills, designed by well-known late Victorian/Edwardian architect John Kinross of Edinburgh, replacing an earlier building of 1828. Vivid stencil decoration illuminates the interior. The finely carved chancel rails, pulpit and canopied reredos are of high quality, while angels with musical instruments in five gilded panels decorate the altar front.
Sundays: 9.30 am every 3rd Sunday in rotation with Tomintoul and Tombae.
Open by arrangement
Contact Our Lady of Perpetual Succour, Chapeltown of Glenlivet.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.