Our Lady and St John, Blackwood
Denomination: Roman Catholic
Address: Carlisle Road, Blackwood, ML11 9RZ
Local Authority: South Lanarkshire
Stone building in Gothic style by Robert Ingram. The church was built in 1880 as a private chapel, with the parish being formed in 1896. The grounds for the church were donated by the Hope-Vere family. Sanctuary extended in 1881 to accommodate the altar donated by Mrs Lancaster. Stained glass windows were also added at this time. The first two parish priests were Benedictines from Ampleforth.
Mass times: No Mass on Saturday evening. Sunday 12 noon & 5.00pm
Open by arrangement
Contact Our Lady and St John.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.