Church constructed 1729 using stone from the Old Kirk of Orwell on the banks of Loch Leven. The roof was raised and the present windows, floor and seating installed and galleries added in 1769. The interior is enhanced by embroidered banners and kneelers crafted by members of the Church. Number of interesting gravestones in the graveyard.
The separate parishes of Orwell and Portmoak became a single parish of Orwell & Portmoak in 2006.
Sunday 11.30am; for other services, see website
Open by arrangement
Contact Orwell Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.