The first Presybterian Minister was appointed to Ormiston in 1568. The present Arts & Crafts building, consecrated 1938, was designed by T Aikman Swan incorporating a cruciform shape and gallery. The interior was attractively modernised and refurbished in 2005. Three stained glass windows from the original parish church, depicting Moses, St Paul and the Christ.
Sunday 9.30am and 6.30pm on the 1st Sunday of the month
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.