Old Luce Church, Glenluce
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Church Street , Glenluce , DG8 0QA
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
T-plan kirk on top of the hill. Built 1814 and renovated and given a chancel in 1968 by Hill, Macdonald & Potter. Two stained glass windows in the vestibule by William Meikle, 1905, and a large round stained glass window in the chancel. The organ by Casey & Cairney, 1968, is beautiful in tone and appearance. Pulpit, communion table and font in oak and white Sicilian marble. Every Sunday is a celebration!
Old Luce Parish Church is a Destination Hub on the St Ninian Pilgrim Journey.
Sunday: 11.45 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.