Congregation is the union of Old Gourock Parish and Ashton Parish Church in 1989 in the building of the former, opened 1832 and enlarged 1872 and 1900. Dominant square crenallated tower on entrance façade. Pulpit and choir stall with panels by C R Mackintosh 1900. Centenary screen behind the pulpit lists the names of ministers. Twelve stained glass windows, four by Gordon Webster. Sculpture by George Wyllie. Allen computer organ, 1991.
Sunday: 9.30am and 11.00am; July and first two Sundays in August: 10.00am only
Open by arrangement
Contact Old Gourock and Ashton Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.