Classical building with portico and spire by William Burn 1816. Renovated Ian G Lindsay & Partners 1950, and Stewart Tod & Partners 1993. Impressive two-storey ‘country house’ front. Light interior with galleries supported by Ionic columns. Stained glass James Ballantine. Three-manual pipe organ, built by Wadsworth of Manchester 1880. Small graveyard and garden.
Sundays: 11.00am all year, 6.30pm (excluding July and August)
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.