Opened in 1838, this simple, stone-fronted building was designed by William Burn. Inside there is an all-round horseshoe gallery under a high vaulted ceiling. Noteworthy are seven stained glass windows (one by Ballantine and Gardiner, 1892); a World War One memorial plaque; a pink alabaster font and a fine brass eagle lectern. Behind the central pulpit and fronted by a carved pine screen is a recently refurnished Abbot and Smith two-manual pipe organ of 1904.
Open on Saturday mornings 10.00am-12.00 noon February to mid-December, or by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.