Newtown Church, Newtown St Boswells
Address: St Boswells Road , Newtown St Boswells , TD6 0PQ
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
Church opened in 1868, designed by John Paterson. Built in pink sandstone with crean stone margins, the simple nave and aisles change to a many sided apse flanked by porches, one with a pyramid roof, the other with a spire. Contains Memorials to past ministers.
9.30am on 1st 2nd and 3rd Sunday of month, 5.00pm on 4th Sunday, 5th Sunday service in rotation with Maxton, Mertoun and St Boswells
During July and August 2009, there will be no service on Sunday 19th July or 16th August
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.