Impressive perpendicular Gothic revival style church with beautiful WW1 memorial stained glass windows.
The architect appointed was Mr H.E.Clifford of Glasgow and work was completed in 1899. It has Class B listing. There is a beautiful oak pulpit, communion table and choir stalls. There is also an impressive stone Baptismal font. The main windows to the church are arched with ornate stone mullions and transoms known as tracery. All windows have leaded glass panes. There are two beautiful WW1 memorial stained glass windows.
Contact Newlands South Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.