New Jerusalem Church, Paisley
Address: 17 George Street, Paisley, PA1 2LB
Local Authority: Renfrewshire
Built for Wesleyan Methodists in 1810, and in use by Swedenborgians since 1860, this is an unusual building with halls on the ground floor and the church upstairs. Three striking stained glass windows by W & J J Keir, including one designed by Sir Noel Paton. Fine pulpit, communion table, and ceiling rose.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.