New Abbey Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Main Street, New Abbey, DG2 8BY
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Built 1876-7 by James Barbour of Dumfries using stones from Kindar Mill. T-plan Gothic church of squared granite blocks with red sandstone dressings. Timber roof replaced after a fire in 1963. Low octagonal pulpit. Stained glass window, 1915, design by William Morris from a Burne-Jones drawing, in memory of Rev Dr James Stewart Wilson, Minister 1863-1909.
Sunday: 9.45 am
Contact New Abbey Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.