Nairn Old Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Academy Street , Nairn , IV12 4RN
Local Authority: Highland
Considered the finest structure in the area, 1897 by John Starforth. Architecture of Early English Transition period; Gothic reminiscences are abundant. Transeptal in form but almost circular in shape. Square tower is almost 100 feet high. Lovely light interior. Glorious stained glass by Ballantine & Gardiner and Douglas Strachan.
Open weekdays 9.30am-12.30pm
Contact Nairn Old Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.