Built in 1828, the architect was James Gillespie Graham and the building is B listed. Much of the church is relatively unaltered but in the early 1980s the space beneath the west balcony was partitioned off to provide a hall which has since been altered to include a kitchen and disabled toilets. Recent minor works include refurbishment of the clock and installation of modern automatic doors to vestibule.
Open by arrangement.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.