T-plan church by William Smith 1848 on a site occupied by a church for 750 years. Church records from 1202. Interesting gravestones and coping on churchyard wall carved with texts in English, Latin and Greek. Interior is simple and relatively original. Pews with doors, four impressive stained glass windows in south wall and small pipe organ in gallery. Former coach house and stables restored to provide hall, chapel, kitchen and toilet facilities.
Sunday 9.30 am 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month; 11.00 am 2nd and 4th
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.