Muckairn Parish Church
OS Reference: NN005310
Address: School Brae , Taynuilt , PA35 1JN
Local Authority: Argyll & Bute
Built in 1829 the church stands adjacent to the ruins (1228) of Killespickerill, once the seat of the Bishop of Argyll. Typical rural kirk of the reformed tradition: rectangular with large round-headed windows and a bellcote. Two stones of antiquity are built into the walls of the present church. Tombstones from the 14th century can be seen in the graveyard.
Daily (10.00am to 4.00pm)
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.