The church is an imposing building built in 1830-31 to designs by William Stirling of Dunblane. Rectangular plan church with white stucco walls and stone margins. Perpendicular Gothic touches in the Y-tracery in the windows, an octagonal spired bell-cote and small ogee-arched porch. Interior recast 1894 by Steele and Balfour. There are wonderful stained glass windows by Morris and Burne-Jones plus other historical artefacts such as jougs. Organ by Norman & Beard, 1913.
Check church website for service times
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.