The church was built as a Free Church in 1874, architect James Salmon & Son, and the bell-tower was added 1890, architect John Keppie. The congregation, united with the Church of Scotland in 1900, now uses a computerised communication system for hymn singing and visual aids. The pulpit, from St Cuthbert’s, Monkton, has been fixed as panels under the gallery. The original St Cuthbert’s communion table has been fixed as a panel between two stained glass windows.
Open by arrangement
Contact Monkton & Prestwick North Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.