Re-built in 1870 by John Carver after fire destroyed the pre-Reformation stone church of 1431. Stands on the ancient site of a turf church erected by Columban missionaries around 606 AD. Fine stone font. Interesting graveyard. Pictish stones in adjacent museum (Historic Scotland).
Sunday 10.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.