Originally built as Mayfield Free Kirk 1879, this is a fine example of the French Gothic style of Hippolyte Blanc. Spire of 48 feet added 1894. Magnificent collection of stained glass by: William Meikle & Sons; Morris & Co (artist John Dearle); Ballantine & Gardiner; Guthrie & Wells (including artist Charles Lamb Davidson); James Ballantine; Morris Meredith Williams; Oscar Paterson; Sax Shaw. Book: ‘Thy Story in Glass – The Mayfield Salisbury Windows’, with text by Elizabeth Cumming is available. Church House, originally the manse, now houses the Mayfield Radio Unit which broadcasts to hospitals in the Edinburgh area.
Sunday 9.30am, 10.45am and 7.00pm September-June, 10.00am and 7.00pm July & August
By arrangement only
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.