Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Marykirk, AB30 1UT
Local Authority: Aberdeenshire
The present building dates from 1806, being a replacement for the church the ruins of which are adjacent. The building is a simple rectangle with Gothic windows and a Victorian bellcote (1893 by James Matthews). The galleried interior has been much altered and embellished. Gothic revival font. The Thornton Aisle sits in the midst of the graveyard, with ancient gravestones.
Linked with Laurencekirk and Luthermuir Churches in the Parish of Aberluthnott.
9.30am on 1st and 3rd Sunday of month
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.