Once used to guide boats to safe haven, this white box kirk of 1805 high on the bluff above the harbour was transformed in 1865 by architect James Matthews of Aberdeen into a striking landmark, with notable stained glass windows and a lovely three-storey tower with a lead-domed roof and cupola above. Galleried interior, most of the fittings dating from 1865. Magnificent views. Nearby stand the town cross and an anchor, symbolic of the message of the church.
Sundays: 11.00am and 6.00pm
Open by arrangement
Contact Macduff Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.