Finely detailed late-Gothic church with nave and chancel designed by Sir Robert Rowand Anderson and opened for public worship in 1893. Built of red sandstone with a lofty interior lit by clerestory windows. Stained glass by Burne-Jones, Douglas Strachan and William Wilson. Three-manual and pedal pipe organ by ‘Father’ Willis 1894.
Open by arrangement
Contact Lyle Kirk.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.