Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Church Road, Luthermuir, AB30 1YS
Local Authority: Aberdeenshire
Originally built as Muirton Secession Church in 1780 with a turf roof. Rebuilt 1822 with a near-square plan, later Gothicised and the wood and wrought-iron bellcote added. The pews were removed in the 1990s and replaced with individual chairs. One stained glass rose window depicts a descending dove.
Linked with Marykirk and Laurencekirk Churches in the Parish of Aberluthnott.
9.30am on 2nd and 4th Sunday of month
Open by arrangement
Contact Luthermuir Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.