Logierait Parish Church
Local Authority: Perth & Kinross
Rectangular country kirk in cream harling, designed and built 1804-06 by John Stewart. It has classical touches of round-headed windows and swagged urns on the gables.
The interior was re-configured in 1928 by J Jeffrey Waddell and the pulpit, lectern, communion table date from then.
The graveyard has a good selection of headstones from the late 18th century onwards displaying winged angel heads, memento mori, Adam and Eve. There are also three mortsafes: two for adult coffins, one for a child’s. An eighth century cross-slab showing a horse above a spear entwined with a serpent.
Sunday 10.30 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.