Lochgoilhead Parish Church
Address: Lochgoilhead, PA24 8AA
Local Authority: Argyll & Bute
Dedicated to the Three Holy Brethren, the church is first mentioned in papal letters of 1379. It was rebuilt as a T-plan kirk in the 18th century incorporating the medieval walls and the 16th-century Ardkinglas monument. Session house with bird-cage bellcote was added in 1832. The north porch was added in 1894-5. The interior was refurbished by Ian G Lindsay in 1957, retaining the historical layout and incorporating a 18th century pulpit. Many features of interest.
Sunday: 9.45 am
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.