The church lies across the River Tay from the cathedral and about 500 metres downstream. Designed and built by John Stewart in 1798 and probably the fourth building on this site, it is a typical 18th century preaching kirk. The graveyard contains interesting stones including two ‘Adam and Eve’ stones and Niel Gow’s grave. The interior has been altered and refurbished and has a bright and colourful look.
Sunday: 11.00am mid-November to Palm Sunday; also 6.30 pm on the first Sunday in December and the first Sunday in March.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.