Linwood Parish Church
Address: Blackwood Avenue, Linwood, PA3 3JX
Local Authority: Renfrewshire
The first Linwood Parish Church was built in 1860 as a chapel of ease, but, due to the ever expanding population of the town, became too small and the present church was built in 1965. A spacious red brick building with furniture and communion silver are from the earlier church. Contemporary artwork includes a large aluminium cross presented by the former Rootes Vehicle Plant. Fine pipe organ 1957.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.