Carnwath was separated from Libberton in 1186 and Quothquan Parish was joined to Libberton in 1660. Quothquan Church (about 2 miles from Libberton) is now a ruin; its aisle is the burial place of the Chancellor family. The new church was built on an ancient site of worship at Libberton in 1812, and restored in 1902. It has fine woodwork and memorials of distinction.
Sunday 9.30am for 3 months and then at 11am for 6 months – rotating the times every 3 months with Cairngryffe and Symington
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.