Legerwood Parish Church
Address: Kirk Hill, Legerwood, TD4 6AT
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
The church dates from 1127 and is one of the most complete Romanesque churches in the Borders. Repaired in 1717 and 1804 and the chancel restored in 1898 (Hardy & Wight). Its chancel has a fine Norman arch and many other historic features. Stained glass by Ballantine & Gardiner.
Sunday: 10.00am, 1st Sunday of each month
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.