There has been a church at Lecropt since before 1260. The present church was built in 1827 to the design of William Stirling. Fine Gothic revival church with a tall square tower with pinnacles. The original Laird’s loft, complete with marble plaques and fine plaster ceiling, now forms an integral part of the church. There are several notable stained glass windows by Alfred Webster, Stephen Adam, A Carrick Whalen and Roland Mitton. Pipe organ by Blackett & Howden of 1885, moved here from Keir House in 1905. Teas at Kirk Hut in conjunction with opening of Milseybank under Scotland’s Gardens Scheme.
Sunday: 11.15 am; evening service 6.00 pm on the first Sunday of the month, September – May
Open by arrangement
Contact Lecropt Kirk.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.