Handsome Gothic-style church with a fine terraced situation, built 1875-7 to designs by Peddie & Kinnear, in memory of Thomas Leckie, the first pastor of the Associate Burgher Congregation from 1794-1821. Gifted in trust, by the surviving members of his family. Following union in 1976 with St Andrews Church, now home of the St Andrews Leckie congregation. The pews have been removed and replaced with removable seating so the building is now multi-functional.
Sundays: 10.30am and 6.00pm
Open by arrangement
Contact Leckie Memorial Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.