Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: 6 High Street, Laurencekirk, AB30 1AE
Local Authority: Aberdeenshire
There has been a church on this site since the 13th century. The present building is of 1804, enlarged 1819 and the bell-tower with its short spire (designed by Matthew & Mackenzie) added in 1895. It is a rectangular building of red sandstone with large windows with Gothic tracery. There is a gallery within and several stained glass windows.
Linked with Marykirk and Luthermuir Churches in the Parish of Aberluthnott.
Contact Laurencekirk Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.