Built 1673 by Sir William Bruce, in the shape of a Greek Cross with four equal arms and a central octagonal bell tower. The porches were added in 1820 and various alterations were made through the 18th and 19th centuries. Splendid late-18th century panelled hexagonal pulpit with sounding board surmounted by gilded spiked ball finial. Panelled box pews and lofts. Walled graveyard with watchtower of 1830.
Open 9.00am-6.00pm daily
Contact Lauder Old Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.