Langholm Parish Church stands in a park at the junction of the Wauchope Water and the River Esk. The church is a large rectangular-plan, nave and aisles Gothic church by William Burn and David Bryce, 1842-3. Buttresses divide the side walls while the entrance façade is topped with pinnacles and a belfry. The interior has pine furniture (pews by P MacGregor Chalmers), galleries and a fine hammer-beam roof. The pulpit has a sounding board and a double stair. The west window has stained glass by Morris & Co. Fine Willis pipe organ.
Sunday 10.00 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Langholm Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.