Built 1892 as Kirkwall Baptist Church by Architect S Blaikie Jr. In 2002 the interior was completely renovated to provide a functional suite of rooms on two floors for church and community use. Services are held in the Upper Room in a bright and friendly atmosphere. Furnishings by Sui Generis, Eday, Orkney. Eustace Ingram organ. We are an Eco-Congregation having gained two awards from Eco-Congregation Scotland for work with Fairtrade, recycling and use of environmentally friendly products throughout the Church
Open by arrangement
Contact Kirkwall East Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.