Church of 1838 by James Currie close to the Lyne Water. The main body of the church is built of pink sandstone with buff sandstone dressings and crowsteps; pointed gothic windows with lattice glazing; slate roof. Two aisles give the building a T-plan. Inside, the original puplit and fittings survive. The domed pulpit with its double stair stands behind a precentor’s desk. Heraldic stained glass. The church is close to the roofless Old Church, dating from 1317, sitting in a graveyard with medieval and later stones and memorials.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.