Built in 1868 by the United Presyterian Church, architect Robert Baldie. Early English Gothic Revival style, the most prominent feature being the spire which dominates the surroundings. Four stained glass windows by Robert Paterson 1941, Douglas Hamilton 1954, and Linda Fraser 1986. Embroidered pew and chair cushions and seasonal banners designed by Pat Hodgson of Hawksland, Lesmahagow and worked by members of the congregation.
Sundays: 11.00am and 6.30pm
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.