Built in 1815 in the location of churches thought to date from 9th and 10th centuries. Classic T-plan of rough dressed whinstone with sandstone facings, large round-headed windows and a birdcage bellcote. Three stained glass Memorial windows (‘Our Lord stilling the storm’, ‘Our Lord the Good Shepherd’ and ‘Our Lady with Faith and Hope’), three Memorial plaques and a laird’s loft. Good collection of 18th-century stones in the graveyard.
Sundays: 9.45am or 11.15am
Open by arrangement
Contact Kirkmichael Kirk.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.