Imposing building with a square bell-tower above the front gable, built in 1834 by John Henderson. Interesting features include panelling showing the coat of arms, crest and motto of the Muir family, dated 1684 carved in wood and set into the back of a seat in the Cassencarie family box; probably removed from the 1645 church when the present building was erected. In spring, the churchyard and graveyard are carpeted with crocuses.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.