Kirkhope Kirk, Ettrickbridge
Address: Ettrickbridge, TD7 5HW
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
That it shares the same name as Kirkhope in Upper Ettrick shows its ancient association with Melrose Abbey, yet in the Middle Ages, any church here belonged to the Parish of Yarrow. Of simple rectangular plan, the church was designed by William Burn, 1841. The interior features a good stained glass window and the Buccleuch Aisle of its original patron. Set in a wooded garden beside the steep bank of the Ettrick Linns, there is a lychgate memorial to two World Wars.
Sunday: 10.00am on 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month; for 5th Sunday, see local press
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.