The present neo-Gothic building dates from 1838 and was designed by William Burn. Cruciform in shape, the nave and gallery together comprise the ‘Country End’, with the south transept referred to as the ‘Town End’ and the north transept as the ‘Trades End’. A substantial pulpit, also designed by Burn, incorporates a sounding board and a precentor’s box. Stained glass window of 1913 in south transept by William Meikle in memory of the Rev A C Campbell.
Sunday 9.30 and 11.00 am, Healing Service 6.30 pm on second Sunday of the month
Open June to September, 9.00am-5.00pm or by arrangement
Contact Kirkcudbright Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.