Kirkcowan Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Main Street, Kirkcowan, DG8 0HP
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
At the west end of the village, built in 1834 to replace a former church, of which only an ivy-clad east gable remains in its kirkyard (east end of village). The present church is a harled T-plan building with external stairs at the east and west gables leading to two galleries. A tower at the north side. Inside, three galleries in all, supported by marbled cast-iron columns. Tall pulpit of 1834 and a late 19th-century chamber organ by J & A Mirrlees, brought here in 1966.
Open by arrangement
Contact Kirkcowan Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.