Nestling on the southern edge of the Sidlaw Hills, Kinnaird Church forms a focal point with a commanding view across the Carse of Gowrie. The current rectangular sandstone building with a bellcote on the west gable dates from 1815 but evidence exists of an earlier church on this site going back to at least 1153. The Thriepland family were early patrons and their memorials dating from 1669 remain in the churchyard today. There is no stained glass. The church was re-roofed and decorated in 2015.
Sunday 9.30 am.
Open by arrangement
Contact Kinnaird Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.