The present church, built 1765, is an elegant rectangle. The crenellated tower was added and the interior remodelled by A & W Reid of Elgin 1863. Before the mid-17th century the congregation met in the chapter house of Kinloss Abbey (founded 1151), of which only ruins remain. Money raised from the sale of stones from the Abbey was used to build the first parish church, in use before 1657.
Sundays: 10.00am alternating with Findhorn.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.