The original church was founded in 1124 on a site overlooking the Burn of King Edward, a mile to the west of the present church. The last service was held here in 1848, though the kirkyard continued to be used until 1872. The old kirk is now roofless.
The present church was built to designs of A & W Reid of Elgin and opened in 1848. It is a simple harled country church, rectangular with gothic detailing. A substantial belfry tops the entrance gable.
The interior is plain with a three-sided gallery supported on cast-iron columns. Raised pulpit with wooden backboard.
Sunday: 9.30 am
Open by arrangement
Contact King Edward Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.