The present Kincardine in Menteith Church replaced a much older building across the road, which, surrounded by a graveyard, can still be visited. The church was built 1814-16 to designs by Richard Crichton. The chancel was added in 1907 to designs by H.O. Tarbolton. The style is Perpendicular Gothic of a three-bay nave, chancel and square tower.
Many of the memorials from the older church were moved to the new, and join a host of coats of arms from benefactor families, stained glass windows, ancient artefacts and a stained glass war-memorial window. These include a painted sign proclaiming “This is the place of publick repentence.” The furnishings, including the pulpit, font, communion table and reredos, date from the 1907 re-ordering.
Sunday 9.30 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Kincardine-in-Menteith Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.